30 March 2014
Well, it’s been awhile since I’ve posted contributor news, since I’ve been pretty busy with our new projects, like the Floodgate Poetry Series, the Soles Series of Stories, our forthcoming 2015 anthology, How to Live on Other Planets: A Handbook for Aspiring Aliens, and another anthology still being formed, co-edited by H. L. Nelson and me, Choose Wisely: 35 Women Up To No Good. I’m pretty psyched about all of these projects.
…on to the news!
Lyn Lifshin, whose Marilyn Monroe: Poems we put back into circulation in December, has a new book of poems, Malala, out from Poetic Matrix Press.
News for Apocalypse Now: Poems and Prose from the End of Days contributors:
- Tina Connolly‘s Copperhead (sequel to the Nebula-nominated Ironskin) came out in November, and her story “On the Eyeball Floor”, which first appeared in Strange Horizons, came out in translation in the Argentinian magazine La Idea Fija. Her “Flash Bang Remember,” co-written with Caroline M. Yoachim, was featured in StarShipSofa 320.
- Seth Fried‘s story “Hello Again” is in the Spring 2014 issue of Tin House (and you’ll have to buy a copy to read it).
- Andrew McFadyen-Ketchum‘s poetry collection Ghost Gear, a 2013 Miller Williams Poetry Prize finalist, was released by University of Arkansas Press.
- Chet Weise is the co-editor, with Third Man co-founder Ben Swank, of Language Lessons: Volume 1, the debut book by Third Man Books (a new division of Nashville’s Third Man Records), which was celebrated at AWP. Contributors include Jake Adam York, C.D. Wright, Brian Barker, and me.
And for 140 And Counting contributors:
- David C. Kopaska-Merkel‘s poem, “Spark,” was in Polu Texni, and his story “A Better Place” is in the December issue of The Fifth Di….
Entry filed under: News. Tags: 140 And Counting, Andrew McFadyen-Ketchum, Apocalypse Now: Poems and Prose from the End of Days, Chet Weise, Darcie Dennigan, David J. Daniels, David Kopaska-Merkel, Deborah P. Kolodji, E. Lily Yu, Ed Pavlić, Elizabeth Barrette, Joyce Carol Oates, Kaolin Fire, Kelly Link, Ken Liu, Lyn Lifshin, Margaret Atwood, Paolo Bacigalupi, Peg Duthie, Rodney Jones, S. Kay, Seth Fried, Tessa Mellas, Tina Connolly.